IlkkaV - 2015-08-21

I'm creating a Windows Installer package that installs deploys jtds to Glassfish together with our applications. However, I've run into a problem with creating the JDBC Connection Pool using asadmin. If I create a pool manually from the Glassfish UI before the installation and set it to use jtds, everything works just fine, but if I try to create a similar pool during the installation using asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool, deployment fails with a "Class name is wrong or classpath is not set for: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbcx.JtdsDataSource". However, if I run the very same command manually after the installation, it deploys just fine.

I have --datasourceclassname=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbcx.JtdsDataSource in the pool creation command, but it seems like the UI side does something differently than asadmin as something goes wrong if I try to create the pool and deploy the package during the same installation. I'm also restarting the domain during the installation after the jtds jar file has been placed into the domain's lib folder.

I'm currently at a loss with this, so any tips would be highty appreciated.