Menu

question about implementing change management

2014-07-29
2014-07-29
  • fabien garziano

fabien garziano - 2014-07-29

I'm willin to implement in iTop the change management feature. I need to feed it with the changes listed and provided to our customers within out service catalog. As for user request or incident, we have SLT for each/some kind of changes. For example, I'll provide the change "disabling user account" in my service catalog with a TTO of 30min and TTR 1H based on a "routine change" basis.
    I don't see in iTop (2.0.3), full ITIL setup, a way to link the changes as I would link the UserRequest ou Incident with the CustomerContract. (CustomerContract->Services->SLA->SLT).
    Can anyone reading this, already using change management can give me a feedback about how they use it ?

• TheBigOne

TheBigOne - 2014-07-29

Hi,

a change just documents the change of a server. A Request or Incident can have SLA and SLT.
    If a Request "disable user on system X" comes in the sla starts.
    Now open a change and link the Request with "Related Request" within the change.
    If the change is done, you can close the change and the ticket.

A Request can be opened via the portal, but a change cannot. So for our change mangaement everything works great, even with reporting.