Menu

Incoming eMail Inboxes error

2015-06-25
2023-02-06
  • Mansy Peperkamp

Mansy Peperkamp - 2015-06-25

i have installed the incoming eMail extension and entered the right credentials.
    When i go to the mailbox content tab the loading circle keeps spinning and spinning.

• Tihomir Vlahovski

Hi Mansy,
      You can check what is going on, by selecting that mailbox and go to "Debug Trace" tab.

• dlp

dlp - 2015-06-25

At first can you take a look at your server log and put any errors related to imap/pop3 connection?

Last edit: dlp 2015-06-25
  • Mansy Peperkamp

Mansy Peperkamp - 2015-07-13

When i go to "Debug Trace" i only see a button herlaad (reload). When i click on that button i see a spinning circle and after that nothing.

Where do i find tha server log?
    iTop is running on a windows 7 machine with iis installed.

• Mansy Peperkamp

When i click on the Mailbox content tab i only see this:

• dlp

dlp - 2015-07-13

Can you check the php error log?
    Do you enable the php_imap extension?

• Mansy Peperkamp

i'm using pop3, but yes i have enabled the php_imap extension

• Mansy Peperkamp

Mansy Peperkamp - 2015-07-16

I'm now trying to get imap working.
    i have enabled the php_imap extension.

But when i go to the Mailbox Content tab after a time loading is see this error message:

Failed to initialize the mailbox: xxxxxx@xxxx.xx. Reason: Cannot connect to IMAP server: '{xxxxxxx:993/imap}', with credentials: 'xxxxxx@xxxx.xx'/'xxxxxx'

The mailbox is empty
    Array ( [0] => [CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response) )

The error says the mailbox is empty, but it isn't.

i have tested the working of imap on our server by adding the account in Outlook as a imap account, and that will work. Only in iTop it isn't working.

• Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2015-07-21

Is your IMAP-server allowing incoming traffic on port 993 from this specific IP-address? Are you 100% sure about the credentials?

I also had some trouble with that at some point, it has to be really specific. Sometimes mail address, sometimes just accountname, other times domain\accountname ...

• Tihomir Vlahovski

Can you please give it a try by adding ssl:// in front of the server address?

• Mansy Peperkamp

Mansy Peperkamp - 2015-08-03

Sorry for my late reaction, i had a 2 week vacation from work.
    Yes i'm 100% sure about the credentials, i have tested on multiple devices.

i also tried only accountname, and domain\accountname.

i tried adding ssl:// in front of the server address and that gave no result.

• Tihomir Vlahovski

Do you have access to mail service logs?
    One more thing, port number - I assume that it is correct?
    Can you share some "debug" info or at least something from mail logs from the authentication steps that would might indicate what's the problemi is?

Cheers,
    -Tiho (BMT TEAM Ltd)

• Mansy Peperkamp

Mansy Peperkamp - 2015-08-17

when i do:
    php.exe cron.php --auth_user=<user> --auth_pwd=<pwd>
    with the admin user i get the following error:

[0] => Certificate failure for dcteserver.local: Certificate has expired: CN
    =Sites
    )
    Error - Failed to initialize the mailbox: ticket@dcte.nl, the mailbox will not b
    e polled. Reason (Cannot connect to IMAP server: '{dcteserver.local:143/imap}Pos
    tvak IN', with credentials: 'user@mycompany.nl'/mypassword')Protocol: imap Mail s
    erver: dcteserver.local, port: 143, login: user@mycompany.nl, password: mypassword
    , mailbox: Postvak IN, options: /imap
    Array
    (

it seems itop is getting the wrong certificate, but i dont know why. Is it possible to apply a nocertificate string to the configuration? if yes, how?

• dlp

dlp - 2015-08-17

You can find the connection string here in the extemsion here :
    ./extensions/combodo-email-synchro/model.email-synchro the function "__construct"

You can find inside a call to "imap_open"

Try to force the connetion string to something that should work (in your case maybe you can try to force imaps, ssl novalidate-cert on port 993 etc... ) take a look here to more information about imap_open on php http://php.net/manual/fr/function.imap-open.php

This is an ugly modification but it will help you to debug you problem.

PS : If you make the modification in extention, do not forget to update your datamodel with the toolkit.

• Mansy Peperkamp

Mansy Peperkamp - 2015-08-17

I have implemented the novalidate-cert in the itop config and played around with the settings in the incoming eMail Inboxes extension and now it is working and polling the inbox.

Now i have to configure the inbox settings to fix my needs.

Thanx for the support!

• Vamsi

Vamsi - 2018-09-08

Hi All,
    Can anyone help me on Incoming mail boxes. Getting below error while configuring for Outlook365.com
    Please find my configuration and error

Configuration-
    Mail Server-imap-mail.outlook.com
    Login-helpdesk@innovasolutions.com
    Password-**
    Protocol-IMAP
    Port-993
    Mailbox (for IMAP)
    Active-Yes
    Debug trace-Yes

ERROR
    Failed to initialize the mailbox: helpdesk@innovasolutions.com. Reason: Cannot connect to IMAP server: '{imap-mail.outlook.com:993/imap}', with credentials: 'helpdesk@innovasolutions.com'/'****'

The mailbox is empty

Array ( [0] => Connection failed to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Connection timed out [1] => Connection failed to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Connection timed out [2] => Connection failed to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Connection timed out [3] => Connection failed to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Connection timed out [4] => Connection failed to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Connection timed out [5] => Connection failed to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Connection timed out [6] => Connection failed to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Connection timed out [7] => Connection failed to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Connection timed out [8] => Connection failed to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Connection timed out [9] => Can't connect to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Network is unreachable [10] => Can't connect to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Network is unreachable [11] => Can't connect to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Network is unreachable [12] => Can't connect to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Network is unreachable [13] => Can't connect to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Network is unreachable [14] => Can't connect to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Network is unreachable [15] => Can't connect to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Network is unreachable [16] => Can't connect to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Network is unreachable [17] => Can't connect to outlook-nameast5.office365.com,993: Network is unreachable )

• Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2018-09-08

Which imap_options do you have in config-itop.php?

You could try something like

'imap_options' => array (
                     0 => 'imap',
                     1 => 'ssl',
                     2 => 'novalidate-cert',
                   ),

The options may need to be adjusted for Exchange Online though.

• johnson

johnson - 2023-01-05

Hi, Everyone
    I need some help. Here is my email setting:

{map.gmail.com:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}

When i do go to Configure -> Incoming email Inboxes -> Mailbox Content
    it keep loading until error log show following message.

this is the message from error.log.
    2023-01-05 05:13:50 | Error | 1 | Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded | IssueLog |||
    array (
    'type' => 1,
    'file' => 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\iTop\lib\laminas\laminas-mail\src\Protocol\Imap.php',
    'line' => 179,
    )

• Pierre Goiffon

Pierre Goiffon - 2023-02-06

Hello Johnson,
    Might be a firewall blocking the query ? You should try to connect directly on the iTop server to use a standard client.