Menu

Keymap issues

Help
2014-09-08
2014-09-15
  • Niklas Sarokaari

Hi,

I've encountered some issues with the keymaps. For example, if I select for the server-layout german keyboard "de-de-qwertz" it works as expected in Firefox - it gives me the ü ß letters but when using the guacamole through chrome, safari or ie it does not produce these letters, instead the ä ö letters work...

Is there somehow possible to create scandinavian keymap as we need to have the possibility to use scandinavian layout. If possible, can you provide some guidance how to do it, so we could create it ourselves.

-Niklas

• Niklas Sarokaari

Any help on this issue?

• Michael Jumper

Michael Jumper - 2014-09-15

It sounds like you're running into https://glyptodon.org/jira/browse/GUAC-659, which we are starting work on this week.

As for creating a Scandinavian keymap, you'll want to look at the files in src/protocols/rdp/keymaps within the guacamole-server source. These files are fairly human-readable representations of which keysyms map to which combinations of RDP scancodes. This will only affect RDP, as the other protocols and Guacamole itself are independent of keyboard layout.