Menu

SE K800i & HGE-100 will not work

2009-10-13
2013-05-29
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I’ve tried every conceivable combination of settings, but unfortunately GpsMid will not communicate with my HE-100 GPS receiver on my K800i.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Any software, preferably GPL'ed that does work with this combination of devices?

• Nobody/Anonymous

The HE-100 GPS uses a serial port to connect to the phone as far as I know, so it is a little more tricky than via bluetooth, but I think I remember hearing reports of that people have gotten HE-100 to work with GpsMid.

To connect a Gps via serial port, you need to do the following. Goto Setup|Location|Discover GPS. This will look for bluetooth GPS and won't find much. Once that is done, you need to click on "Enter URL" in the options menu of the bluetooth discovery. There you can enter the URL for the serial port. You might have to play with the URL but comm:AT5;baudrate=9600 is supposed to work with the HE-100 at least on some phones.

Once you have set it, you need to select the "Bluetooth (NMEA)" input from option main location receiver menu

Hope this helps

• Nobody/Anonymous

I tried GpsMidSE (GpsMidSe-Sweden-0.5.09.jar) with the proposed settings in SE C902 with HGE-100 using the following steps:
    1) Disconnected HGE-100
    2) Started up the phone
    3) Copied GpsMidSe-Sweden-0.5.09.jar to C902 and installed. Let start up.
    4) Declined the possibility to use the location services (as otherwise GPSMid hangs up for ever)
    5) Turned off the menus Menu/Setup/Location/Start GPS at start up and Menu/Setup/Location/Auto reconnect GPS.
    6) Saved by Options/Ok
    7) Exited GpsMid
    8) Restarted the phone
    9) Connected HGE-100
    10) Waited until HGE-100 found the current position - the LED stopped flashing and the GPS Location application reported the position ok. Also TrekBuddy showed the correct position.
    11) Started GpsMid
    12) Used Menu/Setup/Location/Discover GPS, waited till USB1 and AT5 appear, then used Options/Enter URL and inserted "comm:AT5;baudrate=9600", pressed OK, selected "Bluetooth (NMEA)" in "Input from", saved by Options/Ok.
    13) Used Menu/Start GPS
    14) Allowed application to set up connection
    15) Got report "Closed: no data from GPS" a few tens of seconds later.
    16) Closed GPSMid and started the GPS Location application which still reported the position ok. Also TrekBuddy showed the correct position.

If you need more tests, I can help - just let me know at x54321 <at> centrum <dot> cz with subject "GPSMID"