java Midlet to use OpenStreetMap Data on a J2ME ready Mobile. Display a moving map using a BT SIRF GPS binary, NMEA or jsr179 decoder, show the street name on witch you are. Navigation exists in a first experimantal version.
New version with log of new features and bugfixes.
see change log for details
- map content and look (ways, areas, pois) is configurable on midlet creation
- Search for nearest POIs
- Improved Search for name dialog
- Improved Routing
- Routing is now possible in large midlets
- Large next routing arrow and routing instruction text
- Import only waypoints with maximum distance to target
- Options to keep backlight on for various phones
- Recording Rules
- NMEA logging to file
- Debug logging to file
- Use Map Source from file system
- Use layer tag (from -2..+2) for drawing order of ways and areas
- Increase detail of map when zooming out during runtime
- Map features Dialog (i.e. show type, lat/lon, Full Screen Mode, toggle map elements)
- Area labels in Map
- Experimental way labels in Map
- Repeating keys for panning
- New Map Key shortcuts (for short and long pressed keys)
- Wiki: http://gpsmid.wiki.sourceforge.net/
- many more new features and bugfixes
After a long time and now with a bigger team. There is a new release with a lot of improvements
decouple GPS and map-center with arrow keys. Put back to auto-center with key 5. Now the OSM file can also a bz2 file which is umcompressed on the fly. Update to OSM API 0.5. Routing engine wich shows the fastest/shortest way between crossings. Some Bugfixes
see here for the first demo of experimental routing engine http://gpsmid.sourceforge.net/routing.html
create property to rename midlet (to install different instances on one device)
fixes a indxOutOfBoundExecption
add near-by function for searching.
New search feature:
You can search for a name (POI, street or city) and mark this as target.
now support some different devices
- Now the setup and storage of GPS-devices should work
- location provider as new input source
- experimental input source NMEA (uses more cpu power then SIRF)
- new Rederer with streets more then 1 pix width. (use setup - renderer to choose)
using the newes map; Store the last used BT-device; improve discovery code
added some area types like forrest, recreation etc.
make it more memory efficient.
New tool for creation of own map segments.
First Demo released. Apart from routing, it shows the functionality. For now the region around Nürnberg is included as map-data (thanks to OpenStreetMap.org)