Menu

Contributions to EPIC

Jim Graham
2008-06-23
2013-05-20
  • Jim Graham

Jim Graham - 2008-06-23

Hello

What is the best way to contribute a code patch to EPIC? I have modified the New Project Wizard to optionally use Module::Starter to pre-populate the project. Should I email a patch to someone for review?

Also, I've reviewed the developer guidelines, but they stop at Chapter 3. For coding conventions and Java formatting, can the main developers export the  Java -> Code Style -> Formatter preferences and put them in CVS so we can format the code the same way to prevent trivial merge differences?

Thanks, Jim

• Jan Ploski

Jan Ploski - 2008-06-23

I think it's best if you upload it to the Patches tracker here on sf.net.

I added a file org.epic.perleditor/epic-java-formatter-profile.xml to CVS HEAD which you can import to apply the preferred formatting style (more or less).

• Jim Graham

Jim Graham - 2008-06-23

Thanks

I will format my code and then upload it.

- Jim

• Jim Graham

Jim Graham - 2008-06-24

Hi

Thanks for the help. I've uploaded a patch as:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2001837&group_id=75859&atid=545276

Regards, Jim

• Jim Graham

Jim Graham - 2008-07-04

Is there a discussion group or IRC node for EPIC developers? I have some basic questions about adding functionality to EPIC. This is not really "Help" or "Open Discussion", more along the lines of how the code is structured (and one or two Eclipse plugin questions).

Thanks, Jim