This is not ready. There will be instructions here when it is. :)
Installing the daemon on a OSX box:
1) go into the dscd directorry
2) compile by doing "make clean; make "
3) Copy dscd exectable to /usr/bin (if you change location, you need to edit the
plist file ) with " sudo cp dscd /usr/bin/."
4) Copy the com.fluffyhome.dsc-alarm.plist file to /Library/LaunchDaemons with
"sudo cp com.fluffyhome.dsc-alarm.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons/."
5) copy dscd.conf.dist to /etc/dscd.conf (if you put it somwhere else, edit the
plist file ) with " sudo cp dscd.conf.dist /etc/."
6) edit the dscd.conf file as described <uh, somwhere else>
sudo emacs /etc/dscd.conf
You will need to figure out what serial device you are using. If you are using a
keyspace USA-19HS which I highly recomend, you can find it by unpluging it,
ls -l /dev/cu.* > /tmp/old
then plugging it in and doing a
ls -l /dev/cu.* > /tmp/new
diff /tmp/old /tmp/new
And looking for a new device name that looks something like
/dec/cu.USA19 then some more stuff. Use that device name in the dscd.conf file
7) start the deamon with
"sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.fluffyhome.dsc-alarm.plist"
8) start the console application and have a look at what is going on
You should see things like
5/27/11 12:27:51 PM com.fluffyhome.dsc-alarm <<< Time Stamp Control("Off")
If something when wrong you can unload the plist with
"sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.fluffyhome.dsc-alarm.plist"
edit files and try again.