Adir Rovner - 2008-11-18

I am running the 3.5 Beta on CentOS 5, everything runs fine until I try to change the SMTP settings in dimdim.properties. I run stopDimdim and make sure that the services are stopped, edit the dimdimd.properties file, run startDimdim and everything starts fine except for the DimDim Media Server.

The output when starting DimDim Media Server is:
                Starting Media Server interface
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/zdaemon", line 7, in ?
    sys.exit(
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zdaemon-2.0.2-py2.4.egg/zdaemon/zdctl.py", line 624, in main
    return zdaemon.zdrun.main(args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zdaemon-2.0.2-py2.4.egg/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 752, in main
    d.main(args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zdaemon-2.0.2-py2.4.egg/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 251, in main
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zdaemon-2.0.2-py2.4.egg/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 255, in run
    self.opensocket()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zdaemon-2.0.2-py2.4.egg/zdaemon/zdrun.py", line 277, in opensocket
    sock.bind(tempname)
  File "<string>", line 1, in bind
socket.error: AF_UNIX path too long
                Started Dimdim Media Server

When I go to the admin page it shows the everything as running except the Media Server, if I restore the original dimdim.properties file and reset the server address everything works fine again.

Adir