Menu

dimdim newbie ask help

InnoP
2007-02-02
2013-05-01
  • InnoP

InnoP - 2007-02-02

Hi,

I installed the dimdim latest release.I can start conference but I can't join it.
    I have a small private network with 5 computers. I installed dimdim server on one of it in localhost( http://localhost )like in the user guide. I want to join dimdim server using another computer of my network but I don't URL I can type in navigator. I use firefox 2.0 and IE6.

Thank  you.  

• Rohit Shankar (DimDim Inc.)

Hi,

Thanks for using Dimdim.

Please use the IP Address of the machine on which you have installed the server to join the conference i.e. http://192.168.0.12

I would recommend you reinstall the server using the IP Address of the machine on which it is being installed.

Since you have installed the server using the URL as http://localhost you would not be able to use certain features like email invitations.

Please note that the IP Address/URL being used while installing should be accessible/visible from the other machines from where you intend to join the conference.For example if someone wants to join your conference over internet then your Dimdim Server should be installed using an IP Address/URL which is visible to outside world.

Let us know if this helped us in resolving the issue or in case you still facing the issue.

Regards
      Rohit

• InnoP

InnoP - 2007-02-05

Thanks for quick answer,

But for a moment, I just want to make a test without email invitation, only join dimdim server using URL. During my installation Dimdim server find automatically my IP address which is 192.168.75.30 and I accept this address. My problem is if I start a conference why can I join it WITHOUT email invitation ?

Hi,

Yes you can join the conference using a URL which is specified during installation, you dont need email invitation.

I assume you have installed it on port 80

As you mentioned you are not able to join a meeting. Please let me know whats the exact issue.

- Are you unable to access the URL http://192.168.75.30 from other machine.
        - Is 192.168.75.30 the IP address of the machine on which you have install Dimdim Server.
        - Are you able to start and join conference on the same box where you have installed the Dimdim Server.

Regards
        Rohit

• InnoP

InnoP - 2007-02-08

Hi Rohit,
      Thanks you for you help.
      I finally could install dimdim server. Video and voice work fine ! However, Shared Desktop is not interactive like VNC or TS on Windows.
      Is it possible to set up it ?

Thank

Hi,

Currently you can only view the Desktop using the Desktop Share. In our upcoming future releases we are planning to have Desktop Control feature which would allow you to interact with the Shared Desktop like VNC etc.

Thanks
        Rohit

• Dipingo

Dipingo - 2007-04-27

Hello,
      I want to set up a class room for Blender (open source 3d app) Kind of a Blender user group. I have read a lot about WebEX and finally came across DimDim. I have no idea how to start because I am an artist not an IT wiz.

I take there is not an alpha for mac. I do have a PC. I just wan to know how this app works what I need to get is set up, stuff like that.

And is there a an IRC chat channel I could join? To ask more info as I set it up?

Thanks
      Dipingo

• dimdim_uday

dimdim_uday - 2007-04-28

hello Dipingo,
        Thank you for the interest in Dimdim.
        you can download and install the Dimdim server on a windows machine. In case you face any problems in the install, please post your issues in the forum so it would benefit the entire community. You can also email me if you wish, My id is uday(at)dimdim.com and I can guide you through the install.
        Regards,
        Uday

• Dipingo

Dipingo - 2007-06-15

Sorry for not dropping in sooner. I have been very busy with the developement of the CGShowDown website. Thanks to the DimDim team for all their help, the project is going very well. Everything should be ready by early July. Please check it out.

Thank you all for all your help and support.

Dipingo

• dmedraft

dmedraft - 2007-06-14

Dipingo,
         I am interested in learning blender. Currently using artlantis.
      Please contact me and keep me posted about your blender user group.

Thanks,
      Dean
      dme@designassist.org