Menu

Autonuke Worked Perfectly? "Device enclosed in parenthesis disabled in corresponding menu"

Help
2016-01-24
2016-02-12
  • Robert Haley

Robert Haley - 2016-01-24

I believe my first posts heading is much to vague and I don't believe I can delete it or CHANGE the heading. If this is against the rules, my apologies. If the hierarchy wish to delete my first post, please do so

Optima MS-163C Laptop.This PC came to me from a closed Business.Working AND Running XP Professional. NO OTHER SOFTWARE. Everything worked correctly using Autonuke. Tried to install a Fresh sealed copy of XP Small Business,Version 2002.with correct product Key after autonuke.This is the 2 disk CD pack with Media Content.
    .I have the Boot Device Priority set correctly from BIOS. I should state that no mater what I had set in the the BIOS to Boot to with the CORRECTLY saved command,it would ALWAYS get the following."PXE-E61 Media Test Failure". "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device".
    I do know the Command works as I placed the CD I had made for DBAN back in and it did boot to the CD and the start screen of DEBAN.
    On returning to BIOS, the 3 items listed in LEFT pane are [CD/DVD:3S-Optiarc] [SATA;PM-WDC WD800B} [Network;Realtek Bo} ON the right Pane " A device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu"
    And as far as I can tell, OR FIND, there is no way to ENABLE these options IN THIS SYSTEM
    And theirs the Rub, enabling!!
    As this was a PC that came from a working environment I know from experience NOT to trust ANYTHING on some one else's machine So I get rid of EVERYTHING and start from scratch.
    To be truthful I sick of people from other forums saying I should have done this or this INSTEAD of using DBAN No mater what I did, it's done and I would like to move on to the next step. I HAVE used DBAN many times without problems ANY help would be appreciated.
    Bob

• Kurt Turner

Kurt Turner - 2016-02-12

if the device is booting to CD and DBAN is launching etc you may want to update the BIOS or download an older revision of DBAN... one from the years aligned with XP. I don't know is this will work but it seems like an easy stab in the dark