Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Scaled VNC windows?

kaeladan
2006-03-02
2013-04-30
  • kaeladan
    kaeladan
    2006-03-02

Hi,

I hacked about a little bit the Chicken source code last night and added basic scaling to it. If I tried to tidy it up a little, would you be interested in me submitting a patch, or whatever the process for contributing is?

All it does just now is scale the framebuffer bitmap proportionally for the current window size and centres it. It scales mouse input too, obviously ;)

Bear with me 'cos I'm new to contributing to SF projects, objective-c and the mac osx API, so I can't promise it'll be terribly pretty...

K

• Jason Harris
      Jason Harris
      2006-03-02

Sure.  I desperately want to move Chicken's image pipeline to Quartz, at which point we get display scaling "for free", but that's a big job, and your patch might fill the hole till that gets done.

• kaeladan
    kaeladan
    2006-03-06

Rats, my patch isn't as clever as I thought, it only works with the high colour buffer. I'll post it when I've tidied it a little anyway, and perhaps someone who knows what they are doing can point out my flaw ;)

One thing that'd be nice to add to it would be a floating window, Aperture Loupe style, where the are around the cursor was displayed at 1:1 scale. It shouldn't be too hard to do.I just don't know how to control windows :)

• kaeladan
    kaeladan
    2006-03-12

Hi,

I chucked the patch up in the patches area, ID 1448137. It's all a bit ugly and hacky, so I'm not sure how much use it'll actually be. The description with the patch describes a couple of the issues with it.

It does actually work with all the colour depths, but cotvnc seems to crash when set to connect to the Apple Remote Desktop VNC server. I suspect this is because ARD isn't honouring the request for 256 colour output.

K