Cheetah Database System - xBase/FoxPro compatible, database and indexing system
Copyright (C) 2006-2012 Paul Squires (email@example.com)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple
Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.
o Windows version:
- Simply unzip the files to your hard drive while preserving the directory
- There are two versions of the DLL available. One contains the complete database
and indexing functionality. The second DLL contains only the indexing functions.
This allows you to use the indexing functions in conjunction with whatever custom
file format you choose for a database.
o Linux version:
- Not available under Linux, however it may run using the WINE emulator.
Refer to the various examples contained in the \Examples subdirectory. The official
documentation will follow in time. You can find the list of available functions
in the include file (e.g. for PowerBASIC, the include file is called
- SourceForge changed from CVS to SubVersion.
- PowerBasic: Updated code to compile with PowerBASIC Version 10+.
- PowerBasic: Static Link Library (SLL) now available.
- PowerBasic: Added the SeekRecords2.bas example code.
- PowerBasic: Added the PartialSeek.bas example code.
- FreeBasic: Examples now compatible with FB 0.24.
- FreeBasic: Added the SeekRecords2.bas example code.
- FreeBasic: Added use of EXTERN in include file so no .a link file is needed.
- FreeBasic: Replaced RtlMoveMemory with standard C Library function MemCpy.
- Code: Fixed error with MOVENEXT not working after a SEEK has been performed.
- Code: Fixed GPF's if successive xdbClose are called.
- Code: Fixed GPF if xdbGetField called on memo field after xdbClearBuffer called.
- Added support for the FreeBASIC programming language.
- Initial release (For testing purposes only).
- Some database field types for FoxPro need to be worked on.
- Multiuser support not yet added.
- END -