2012-10-08
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

One of my backup failed.
    here is the error I can read in the log :

07-02-08 00:18 - 6 - Backup commited
    07-02-08 00:18 - 6 - 14922 traces read.
    07-02-08 00:21 - 6 - Rollback complete
    07-02-08 00:21 - 1 - An error occured during the processing of target PC151.com.application.areca.ApplicationException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Negative time
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Negative time

In fact it seems that the backup is complete but I can not
    be sure.
    I can browse the archive content in Areca and if I look in
    the backup, I can see many files.

Does someone have any idea what's get wrong ?

Eric

PS : I am using areca 4.1.7 running on W2k

• Nobody/Anonymous

Here the complete log file. (I have just masquerade email ...)

Thanks for your help

Epo

07-02-08 00:00 - 6 - com.myJava.util.LogCleaner - Planned task startup.
      07-02-08 00:00 - 6 - com.myJava.util.LogCleaner - Planned task startup.
      07-02-08 00:18 - 6 - Backup commited
      07-02-08 00:18 - 6 - 14922 traces read.
      07-02-08 00:21 - 6 - Validating and running post-processor : com.application.areca.postprocess.MailSendPostProcessor - epo@xxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx
      07-02-08 00:21 - 6 - End of target processing : [Backup] - [PC151 - FileSystem (\PC151\C$)] - [2]
      07-02-08 00:21 - 1 - An error occured during the processing of target PC151.com.application.areca.ApplicationException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Negative time
      at com.application.areca.AbstractRecoveryTarget.commitBackup(AbstractRecoveryTarget.java:382)
      at com.application.areca.impl.FileSystemRecoveryTarget.commitBackup(FileSystemRecoveryTarget.java:89)
      at com.application.areca.AbstractRecoveryTarget.processBackup(AbstractRecoveryTarget.java:266)
      at com.application.areca.RecoveryProcess.processBackupOnTargetImpl(RecoveryProcess.java:271)
      at com.application.areca.RecoveryProcess.launchBackup(RecoveryProcess.java:224)
      at com.application.areca.launcher.tui.Launcher.processBackup(Launcher.java:126)
      at com.application.areca.launcher.tui.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:79)
      Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Negative time
      at java.io.File.setLastModified(Unknown Source)
      at com.myJava.file.DefaultFileSystemDriver.setLastModified(DefaultFileSystemDriver.java:164)
      at com.myJava.file.FileSystemManager.setLastModified(FileSystemManager.java:272)
      at com.application.areca.impl.AbstractIncrementalFileSystemMedium.cleanRepository(AbstractIncrementalFileSystemMedium.java:764)
      at com.application.areca.impl.IncrementalDirectoryMedium.commitBackup(IncrementalDirectoryMedium.java:126)
      at com.application.areca.AbstractRecoveryTarget.commitBackup(AbstractRecoveryTarget.java:374)
      ... 6 more

• aventin

aventin - 2007-02-12

Hello,

It seems that Areca attempts to set a negative time (ie before 1/1/1970) for a file as last modification time.

I made some tests but didn't reproduce the problem ... could you try to do exactly the same backup (ie not compressed, not incremental) but of a LOCAL directory (it seems that you try to backup the c drive of a remote computer) ... just to see wether it is a network problem or not ...

Thanks

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello Olivier,

the problem occurs only on that computer (PC151).
      In the group backup, I have 2 remote computers and only PC151
      produces this error (so I think it is not a network problem).

There is no error in an incremental backup (after the initial one)

Thanks for help.

Epo

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have found the problem !!
      2 files in a directory had strange date :
      12.12.1617 (in the explorer, no date were displayed)
      the other one no date at all.

after fixing the date of the first one, the error was :

1com.application.areca.ApplicationException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
      at com.application.areca.AbstractRecoveryTarget.commitBackup(AbstractRecoveryTarget.java:382)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""

I have also changed modif date and everything works fine now !!

Thanks Olivier ;)

Epo

• SanskritFritz

SanskritFritz - 2007-02-08

Probably the author will need the whole stack trace (the long list after the exception), could you provide that part also?