AllPairs test combinations generator
AllPairs is an open source test combinations generator written in
Python, developed and maintained by MetaCommunications Engineering.
The generator allows one to create a set of tests using "pairwise
combinations" method, reducing a number of combinations of variables
into a lesser set that covers most situations.
For more info on pairwise testing see http://www.pairwise.org.
The easiest way to get started is to check out usage examples in
the "examples" directory and online at
* Produces good enough dataset.
* Pythonic, iterator-style enumeration interface.
* Allows to filter out "invalid" combinations during search for the
* Allows to exclude "previously tested" pairs/combinations.
* Goes beyond pairs! If/when required can generate n-wise
To install AllPairs to your Python's site-packages directory, run
this command from the command prompt:
python setup.py install
Alternatively, you can just copy the entire "metacomm" directory
somewhere into your Python path.
* Not optimal - there are tools that can create smaller set covering
all the pairs. However, they are missing some other important
features and/or do not integrate well with Python.
* Lousy written filtering function may lead to full permutation of
* Version 2.0 has become slower (a side-effect of introducing ability
to produce n-wise combinations).
Please submit patches, bug reports, and feature requests here:
Other inquires can be directed to