Talk directly with SourceForge.net staff
The SourceForge.net support team maintains a presence on the freenode IRC network and the Slashnet IRC network to give users an open door to discuss problems and needs with our team. This is a great way to ask usage questions and get responses in real-time. Presence is generally maintained during business hours.
In the case of problem reports or administrative requests, we will generally still ask you to submit a ticket for the problem so we can track your issue history and confirm authenticity of the request. If you're asking for something where we need to confirm your identity before providing service, please submit a ticket before coming to talk with us on IRC.
- SourceForge.net is a hosting provider.
- SourceForge.net staff provide support for our hosting services.
- If you need help with a project hosted on SourceForge.net, please contact the project.
IRC-based support is provided during business hours.
- Connect now using Freenode webchat, no IRC client needed. Alternately, use an IRC client configured as follows:
- Server: chat.freenode.net
- Channel: #sourceforge
- SourceForge.net staff are designated as channel operators and have a sourceforge/staff cloak; other users may be present on the channel. Reminder: never give out your password or private data; we won't be asking for it.