Add a Project Developer
Developers are the cornerstone of any successful Open Source Software project. We recommend that each project try to maintain a sufficiently large developer base to maintain development momentum, especially in the absence of some of the developers.
However, adding a user to a project is a major action with potentially serious consequences. The user will have access to project resource and content. There is a potential risk that the user could cause harm to the project. Before adding a user, weigh all the potential risks against the benefits.
- Log into the SourceForge.net website as a project administrator
- Go to the project's summary page (https://www.sourceforge.net/projects/PROJECTNAME/)
- Click on the project 'Admin' link
- Click on the 'Members' link
- Click on the 'Add a developer to this project' link
- Type in the developer's user name into the 'UNIX name' box and click the 'Add user' button
- Select the proper permissions for the user, as documented in the Permissions Overview
- Click on the 'Update Developer Permissions' button
If a project has no administrators, a abandoned project takeover request should be submitted so administrative control can be allocated.