*** Project Moved ***
This is not the code you are looking for!!!
Current development on this project has moved to GitHub. Look for the project at : http://github.com/Dragonrun1/yapeal
Yapeal not only grabs the data from the API for you but also saves the data into a MySQL database as well. It was made to be ran from a crontab job or a scheduled task and works in the background to 'Auto-magically' as I call it, keep the database updated so all you have to do is work with the database tables not the API and XML. It was designed to have a set and forget configuration.
- Auto download of API data
- Auto updating of database tables
- Uses cURL for API download to be hosted site friendly
- Uses ADOdb (included) for database updating
- Made to be ran from crontab or scheduled task (preferred setup)
- Runs from command-line for debugging or special needs
- Uses the database to keep track of API cachedUntil times so it is API friendly even when ran from crontab or scheduled task
- Does optional local caching of raw API's XML file to a directory and/or the database
- Works with multiple corporations and multiple characters by just adding their information to a database table
Like your project and decided to try it and I was embarrassed by the fact that for too long the script works. Used for the analysis XDebug dll for PHP and received: Sum of total self time : 30 720ms (98.28%) Sum of calls: 247295 OMG ITS TOO MUCH //PS//yapeal-Rev500//Apache 2.4.3//PHP 5.4.7
Rebutting anonymous' review. All his complaints are true. However, he neglects to mention the project at the time was in alpha state. However, that said, documentation is an urgent need. Install help (some) has been provided in INSTALL.txt. Give it time. It gets better every revision.