The open source virtualization software VirtualBox is lacking an option to run virtual machines as a Windows NT/XP/2003/W7/W8x service entity. VBoxVmService does the trick!
- Supports XP, 2003, VISTA, Win7, 2008, Win8, Win10
- Rewritten almost from scratch.
- Documentation was reworked.
- Config file VBoxVmService.ini was slimmed by several parameters.
- New interaction model with VmServiceControl!
- No more Batch files, no more lock files, no more tmp files.
- No more hardlinking during installation.
Should be a part of VirtualBox by default :) Love it!
it's a little beautiful stuff. this solves my autostart problem.
Can't download it. The SonicWall UTM thinks it's malware: This request is blocked by the Firewall Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: MalAgent.I_4193 (Trojan)
Works exactly as advertised. Easy to set up.
Brilliant solution! It really worked out of the box after just adding the managing user and den Virtualbox-VM-Name in the ini-file. GREAT!