uniCenta oPOS - dynamically evolving POS projectRead More
Keep up-to-date - Visit uniCenta oPOS Community News http://sourceforge.net/projects/unicentaopos/news/
Latest release v3.91 14 July 2015 includes our posApps Digital Receipt AND PCI/EMV compliant Card Payments plugin.
uniCenta oPOS is a multi-lingual - 17 languages - POS (Point-Of-Sale) application designed for Touchscreens. It supports industry standard hardware and is capable of running on display sizes from as little as 800x600 upwards.
Installing uniCenta oPOS is simple and fast and it comes packaged with its own built in Apache Derby Embedded database. It's also multi-terminal, multi-location and supports a range of proven commercial grade databases such as Apache Derby Client/Server, MySQL, HSQLDB, PostgreSQL and Oracle 11g.
It has a thriving and active self-serve Community here on Sourceforge.
- Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8; WePOS; Linux; Mac OSX
- Extensive peripheral support includes: Java POS; ESCPos; OPOS;
- Switchable/Mixable Retail, Restaurant and Store sales screens
- Bar; Cafe; Leisure; Restaurant; Retailer; Supermarket; General Store; Lots more...
- Automatic screen resolution scaling from 800 x 600 up
- Highly User customizable Sales screen, Ticket and Receipt layouts
- Ideal for mobile retailers POS / Pop-up type stores
- Customers; Products; Inventory and Multi-Location management
- Apache Derby; MySQL; HSQLDB; PostgreSQL; Oracle databases and Cloud hosted databases
- Category + Product Import
- Multiple Printers + Output to Kitchen Display monitors
- 40+ High Quality Reports
- Internal Payment Gateways (US) and External terminal support - Chip and Pin
- Barcode scanner; Weighing Scales; Mag Card; Customer Display
- Powerful scripting language
- Multi-Language - 17 langages inc' English; Spanish; German; French; Dutch; more...
- Cloud hosted database capable
- User and Role Security i.e.; Admin; Manager; Clerk; Guest Security
- Inventory Management
KEEP ME UPDATEDGet project updates, sponsored content from our select
partners, and more.
I've been using Unicenta since June 2015 and its certainly helped putting the whole venture into its right place. The In's the Out's, the earnings, expenses all of it makes better sense and the value addition to the business is immense. What is also a highlight is the ease or start up time for a new employee to use the system - its simple and easy. One desirable thing would be if the third party updates and mods could be integrated into the mainstream so that updates to later versions would be inclusive as well. There are many apps out there but none that comes close to Unicenta comparing its offerings and ability. Worth the time, effort and money (if you seek support) you send on this software.
I am so happy I found oPos. It does everything I need' or think I need, and the support forum is very helpful. I only give 4 stars now as there is no direct Help File of full user manual. Itisi very much a "play and plug" experience. I am not a programmer and some of the available help is a bit obscure. BUT I still say this is a great program and I am very grateful to the programmers and all those who have helped me so far.
Why does it break after updates, to the system, becomes a very unstable software to use, each time that happens, latest is barcodes
Great project! It's actively maintained, has a slough of additional features, attention to detail given to every screen, and its FROSS! Definitely give this software a try :)
Unicenta is a complete feature rich multi-platform POS software and it costs nothing. Thanks to Jack Gerard it is free to the community. I am using it for my restaurant in Noosa, Queensland, Australia and saved heaps of money in the process. Jack was very helpful and generous with Unicenta paid support for mini setup issues.