UniCC (UNIversal Compiler Compiler) is a LALR(1) parser generator. It compiles an augmented grammar definition into a program source code that parses that grammar. Parsing is the process of transferring input matching a particular grammar, like e.g. a source code written in a programming language, into a well-formed data structure. Because UniCC is intended to be target-language independent, it can be configured via template definition files to emit parsers in nearly any programming language.
UniCC supports parser code generation for the following programming languages so far:
- C is fully supported (and reference implementation),
- Python is well supported,
- ECMAScript is prototyped in a stub, but will come soon.
More target languages can easily be added by creating specific target language templates.
- Powerful and inovative grammar definition language
- Build-in lexical analyzer generator
- Grammar prototyping features
- Virtual productions, anonymous nonterminals, semantically determined symbols
- Two parser construction modes allow the use of different algorithmic approaches relating the whitespace handling
- Target-language independent parser development
- Template-based program-module generator and XML-based parser description file generator
- Platform-independent (console-based)
- Standard LALR(1) conflict resolution
- Supporting C and Python target languages so far
Follow UniCC Parser Generator
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of UniCC Parser Generator!