The TRAK.xml file is a bare bones UML profile for a UML modelling tool. It provides the objects (stereotypes) and relationships that form the metamodel for The Rail Architecture Framework (TRAK).
It is an implementation of the logical definition of TRAK and as such may include limitations of this architecture description language, UML, used to represent TRAK (in addition to any errors).
As an implementation it is governed by the specification 'TRAK. Implementation. Architecture Description Elements' (http://sourceforge.net/projects/trak/files/Implement%20TRAK/trak_implementation_ADelements.pdf/download) which specifies the names, values in enumerated lists
Defining TRAK Documents
TRAK is defined by 3 documents.
The top level TRAK definition is at http://sf.net/p/trak. This describes important ideas, choice of architecture description language, colour rules, bye laws, conformance with TRAK and the minimal modelling process. It invokes the following 2 documents:
The TRAK architecture view definitions (architecture viewpoints) are available at http://sf.net/p/trakviewpoints
The TRAK metamodel is available at http://sf.net/p/trakmetamodel. This defines the architecture description element types (stereotypes) and relationships that are implemented by this UML profile.
Implementation of TRAK in Tools
- TRAK. Implementation Architecture Descriptions Elements. http://sourceforge.net/projects/trak/files/Implement%20TRAK/ (defines how the logical definition of TRAK is to be implemented in any tool)
This Release (v22 - 23rd January 2016)
- 'uses' is now a UML Dependency (was a UML Association).
Implements TRAK Metamodel 1st January 2016 - adding elements to describe safety and security:
- Added 'Event','Mitigation','Risk',Threat (syn. Hazard),Vulnerability
- added 'is managed by', 'impacts on', 'exposed to', 'contributes to', 'can lead to exposure to', 'causes by', 'poses', 'exploits', 'uses', 'results in'
'AND', 'OR', 'NOT'
For the detail please see revisions.txt file.
On the SourceForge site (http://sf.net/p/trakumlprofile) there is a Tracker where you can submit bugs, feature requests or support requests.
TRAK on the Internet
- TRAK Community - http://trak-community.org
- TRAK Group on LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/groups/TRAK-Enterprise-Architecture-Framework-3256940
- TRAK Group on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_172938462752985
- Implementations of TRAK e.g. Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, Salamander MooD, Microsoft Visio, OmniGraffle (Mac, iPad) etc. http://trak.sourceforge.net/implementations.html
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/trak_af
- Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRAK