A new kernel I am developing in my spare time. The eventual solution I hope will involve a 32 bit base kernel and 64 bit extensions therefore maximising compatibility with non 64 bit machines. Database oriented. Checkout http://www.love2code.org
Updates haven't occurred for some time (April) due to working and studying for my Computer Science degree at the University of Ulster, but it's Christmas! so may be we'll get a little closer to doing some more work.
I have been somewhat worried about the number of downloads taking place, so I must point out, in no way can this system be used (yet), it's an exploratory project and while it does have some graphics and other bits, only the code at the moment is useful for anyone.
Feel free to look at the code (or run iso in VirtualBox) and feel free to join in.
- Window Manager (Partially Implemented)
- Memory Manager / PAE (Partially Implemented)
- Multi Threading (To Come)
- Image and Animated Image Support (Partially Implemented)
- C encoded Font Support (Implemented)
- RAM Disk support (Custom Encoded, Implemented) [SXRAMFS]
- Disk / LBA / Partitions / Fat32 / Ext2 (Not Working Partially Implemented)
- VESA (Implemented VirtualBox only)
- Basic Scripting of Configuration File (Partially Implemented)
- PRE-RELEASE Not in a usable state YET!
Be the first to post a review of Subra Kernel!