Stingray contains a number of components for reading spreadsheets and other flat files. It copes with COBOL files (in EBCDIC) and even COBOL Copybook (or DDE) definitions. Simple Python programs can handle a wide variety of files. This is the Python3.3 release.
- Wraps csv, xlrd, plus several XML parsers into a single, unified "workbook" structure to make applications that work with any of the common physical formats.
- Extends the "workbook" to include fixed format files (with no delimiters) and even COBOL files in EBCDIC.
- Provides a uniform way to load and use schema information. This can be header rows in the individual sheets of a workbook, or it can be separate schema information.
- Provides a suite of data conversions that cover the most common cases.
- Parses COBOL DDE definitions to create a schema for processing COBOL files.
Be the first to post a review of Stingray - Schema-Based File Reader!