SlackEX 14.2 64 bit uses kernel 4.7.1-exton and KDE 4.14.21. SlackEX is based on Slackware 14.2 released 160701. Nvidia Graphics driver 367.35, VirtualBox 5.4.1 and Google Chrome (for Netflix) are pre-installed.
INSTALL TO HARD DRIVE
The system can easily be installed to hard drive (during a live session) using a setup program/script. You can then use Grub2 as boot loader if you want.
SlackEX can be installed to a USB stick in Windows 7/8/10 or in a Linux system. Instruction: http://slackex.exton.net/slackex-14.2-usb.html
Almost all Slackware 14.2 standard packages are preinstalled in SlackEX 14.2. Also VirtualBox 5.4.1 (so that you can run Windows 10 in SlackEX if you feel like it). Study the full package LIST: http://slackex.exton.net/slackex-14.2-installed-packages-160817.txt
When you have installed SlackEX on a USB stick all system changes (made by you) will be saved directly (automatically) to the stick. Persistence!
- Based on Slackware Current (14.2) 64 bit
- Kernel 4.7.1-x86_64-exton
- GCC 5.4.0
- Firefox 48.0.1
- Thunderbird 45.2.0
- KDE 4.14.21 (latest version) in Build 160817
- 64 bit
- GSlapt 0.5.3h
- GParted 0.24.0
- Live installer
- Saves your system changes on a USB stick automatically
- VirtualBox 5.4.1 (so that you can run Windows 10 in SlackEX)
- Sudo and kdesu
- Gimp 2.8.10 (installed from source)
- Google Chrome (for Netflix)
- Nvidia's proprietary driver 367.35 is installed
- Build 160817 has to be installed to a USB stick
Easy for use.