Features are: Import of inventory from OCS Inventory NG, management of licenses, perdforming of an audit, export of simple reports in excel spreadsheets.
This tool is basic and designed to ease the life of IT management for analyzis/audit after full inventory of the software assets.
- import of machines, software list and inventory from OCS Inventory NG server
- Classification of software (by type of licensing)
- Management of licenses ownership
- Audit : Assignment of licenses to installed software instances from the inventory, export of reports in excel format
This is a very simple utility that has not be designed for huge assets management. It has been used and worked correctly 20-machines network, and might need to be redesigned for bigger ones.
This tool has been developped as an internship project for Integral Systems Europe company by Denis Consiglio. Integral Systems Europe decided to release the software in Open Source for good of community.
- Data import from OCS Inventory NG server : software list, machines, software inventory
- Classification of software according to their licensing type
- Management of owned licenses
- Audit feature
- Export to (simple) MS Excel reports
- Simple and intuitive: focus on software asset audit productivity
- Database consistency checking
- Migration / Renaming of machines => transfer of assigned licenses
Be the first to post a review of Software Inventory Audit Tool (SIAT)!