SeaToad is a library to aid in concurrency and load testing of .NET code. Intended for use by developers or automation testers.
For example, it makes a good second hand if you're trying to reproduce a concurrency issue. You can very quickly generate load representing one or more portions of the suspect code, while manually performing other tasks.
Or perhaps you're worried about the performance of a particular stored procedure with load from an external source. SeaToad can run the stored procedure and the external load for you to locate performance and concurrency bottlenecks.
- Compatible with unit testing frameworks such as NUnit and MSBuild
- Configurable thread ramp up time
- Quickly build scenarios because actual instances of your classes are used. Often it’s as simple as implementing the interfaces on an existing class
- High precision via use of Stopwatch instead of DateTime for measuring performance (DateTime is limited to ~10ms)
- Because work items are instances of classes, each work task can be unique and contain unique properties
- Work instances are evenly distributed among all available threads (ensuring that each is executed as often as the others)
- Supports as many concurrent threads as the system can handle
- Separate “Setup” and “Teardown” methods isolate performance metrics where you want it
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of SeaToad!