Official Course Objective
Design an implementation of working search tool. The tool will search .odt files by date and content.
.odt files are a particular kind of file, many word-processor programs can save to .odt file format.
Why .odt and not .doc or .txt?
Search-ODT was developed at request as the subject of an independent study course. No other reason. Due to the modular structure of the project it is possible to adapt Search-ODT into a more general search tool.
Why publish Search-ODT here?
Search-ODT is posted here only as a portfolio example. This project was a team project,
As stated on the final poster our “objective was to design and implement an open source program that preforms an ad hoc search for .odt files by content and date. The program Search-ODT has a graphical user interface referred to as a GUI. The search tool is composed of two main parts. The first part is the search engine wrapper. The second part is the afore mentioned GUI..."
- ability to find standard .ODT files in a specified absolute directory path.
- ability to filter .ODT files by content text.
- ability to filter .ODT files by creation date.
- ability to filter .ODT files by modified date.
- ability to combine compatible search criteria into a single search. (Such as date & content ... etc.)
- ability to match while ignoring lexicographical case.
- limited ability to consider similar text matching in content text. (via the use of properly escaped regular expression.)
- ability to present multiple .odt files resulting from a single search.
- ability to open one of the search results on compatible debian systems (including Ubuntu).
Be the first to post a review of Search-ODT!