Generate a lot of random junk.
• huge files
• random character stream
• specific character sequence
Example uses - generate:
• specific number of characters for testing web forms
• restricted range character stream
• control characters, 'high characters', emojis for fuzzing application input
• specific byte sequence
• Unicode character range
• file overwrites to the exact byte count
• custom text strings as content filler
• long password strings
• specific file size (e.g. 777 bytes, 10 MB, 2 GB)
• huge files (x64 version: 4GB+ files)
• fast generation rates on x64 version: ~1.25GB/sec by modest CPUs on Linux
• files for zipping / hashing / integrity / transfer / speed tests.
RND.zip contains the source code and the x86/x64 executables for Linux, Windows, Raspberry Pi.
- cryptographically secure PRNG for character stream generation
- fast file creation (when using non-crypto PRNG)
- creates large non-empty (non-sparse) files
- Unicode character range sequence
- ASCII 8-bit character table listing
- Raspberry Pi support
Be the first to post a review of RND!