The idea behind this was good, but because it's impossible to cancel 401 authorization popus, I changed my approach. See details @ the new Project: Referer Negotiation Extension. (which I will create....eventually).
- Sends AJAX requests to random website from browsing history
- The Referer header for these requests is another randomly selected URL from history
- Trims the URL to only have the domain name -- so we don't accidentally give away personal information which is often found in URLs
- Interval is set by user. Interval is actually a range of numbers to prevent differentiation between extension-generated requests and user-generated requests on Server Logs
- 401 Authorization ruined everything...A bunch of popup Authorization boxes if AJAX request sent to website that requires 401 Auth
- So many 401 Auth boxes....Firefox becomes unusable
- No good info on how to cancel 401 Boxes through FF Extension
- Not sure if the idea is worth the hassle of figuring out how to cancel 401s on my own
Very useful. Thanks.