rcss - rcs simplified.
RCS is revision control. While the newer revision controls like git have taken the world by storm, I find as a systems administrator that I don't need all the features of git, I need some thing simple and that stays on my server and is simple and easy to use. RCS fit the bill for me for revision control. RCS didn't make it easy to do things like compare, revert. So I wrote rcss, to make working with rcs MUCH simpler, at least for myself. I hope you find it as useful as I have.
- Create rcs enabled pages with headers for perl, bash, python, php, etc
- List the rcs log
- Examine a vimdiff of different versions of a file
- View a specific version of a file
- Revert a file to a specific revision number
- Set permissions on a file
Be the first to post a review of rcss!