The PTP daemon (PTPd) implements the Precision Time protocol (PTP) as defined by the IEEE 1588 standard. PTP was developed to provide very precise time coordination of LAN connected computers. PTPd boasts an advanced set of features and is highly configurable.
- Full IEEE 1588-2008 (PTPv2) protocol implementation
- Software-only timestamping, advanced filtering, robust to network failures
- Multi-platform: Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, various embedded OS
- Support for PTP Default profile, Telecom profile (G.8265) and Enterprise profile
- IPv4 Multicast, unicast and Ethernet operation
- Highly configurable
- Advanced Leap Second handling
- Integration with NTPd as failover time source
Simple to use but powerful tool!
Ptpd works fine.
Easy to run ptpd
ptpd works great
Great project! Thanks for amazing work!