We moved to GitHub. Please look at the new homepage for an accurate description of the project.
- Generate project files for Visual Studio, GNU Make, Xcode, and more
- Uses a simple, easy to read and write syntax to describe your build
- Built on Lua, a proven scripting language with loads of third-part support
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris
- Fast and easy compliance reporting and real-time event correlation
- File integrity monitoring, real-time remediation, and USB device monitoring
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Easy to use lua scripting; so much better than ugly CMake DSL.
Very useful. Thanks.
Very easy to read build scripts, easy to add new features, runs fast
Nice and Easy to use.
I like premake because it gives you a lot more power in your build scripts. I'm finding this is a double edged sword sometimes as I take too much advantage of this. My primary complaint when dealing with premake is the lack of documentation. Premake fills in build flags in surprising ways and a lot of times I am unsure of what variables I need to set to get them to change back. For example, premake was generating makefiles that stripped the debug symbols out of the build (even though this was being built in Debug mode). I gave up looking online and had to download the source code to figure out what to do. All in all, I would like less magic. But it's a great start!