PCD – Process Control Daemon is a light-weight system level process manager, designed for Embedded Linux based products. The PCD is used for starting the system in a synchronized manner, control and monitor processes and recover from crashes.
- Boot the system in a synchronized and deterministic manner using a textual script
- Start, stop, control, synchronize and monitor user space applications
- Recover the system from crashes
- Provide useful debug information
- Generate system startup and dependency graph for complex systems
Follow Process Control Daemon (PCD)
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
After incorporating PCD, the booting time of our system had reduced a great deal. Also, when the system seg-faults, I no longer struggle as much as there is a message about what process has crashed at the end of the segmentation fault that linux throws. This saves loads of debugging time.