OptiKey is an assistive on-screen keyboard designed to bring keyboard control, mouse control and speech to people with motor and speech limitations. Completely free, open source and compatible with low cost eye-tracking devices, it is a great alternative to often expensive and complicated AAC (alternative and augmentative communication) products. It can also be used as an alternative to a physical keyboard or mouse.
OptiKey runs on Windows and works right out of the box once an eye-tracking device is installed. Without an eye-tracking device however it can still be used with a mouse or webcam.
- Allows selections via dwell selection, physical buttons and assistive devices
- Can be used with eye-tracking device, mouse or webcam
- Can be used as alternative to physical keyboard or mouse
- Automatically inserts spaces between words and capitalises letters to increase typing rate
- Types whole words and phrases in a single selection by "swiping" or "auto-complete"
- 'Speak' key converts everything typed into speech
- Can be used to type into any application
Be the first to post a review of OptiKey!