~~~~~~~ OGL Explorer ~~~~~~~
Run Notice :
1) Install Java
- Version <= 1.0.13 require a JRE/JDK>=1.6.0_21 because of a JDK bug on the JFileChooser.
- Version >= 1.1.14 require a JRE/JDK>=1.7.0
2) Run the application
* Version except 1.0.5, 1.0.6, 1.0.7
- Command line : java -Xmx128m -jar org.leo.oglexplorer.jar
- or double click on the jar
* Versions 1.0.5, 1.0.6, 1.0.7 : use the launcher in the patch dir
Development version (on SVN https://oglexplorer.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/oglexplorer):
* Use of stemmer for French and English in the autocomplete search (extend the indexed proposed values to half of the autocomplete search)
* Autocomplete : the indexed suggested values are sorted by searches number
* "Did you mean" mechanism implementation for English and French languages
* Add a splash screen. The first start of the application take about 20 seconds to create the "Did you mean" index.
* Fix : the purge of duplicated/deleted entries was not properly done in the AbstractIndex
* Fix : the news created bookmarks where not save when automatically restarting the application (when changing interface language)
Release Notes :
* Implement a bookmarks system
* Move the code to Java7
* Add Japanese autocomplete indexing
* Fix : autocomplete component does not hide when clicking outside of the popup or when pressing escape key
* Fix : Autocomplete conflicts with Japanese keyboard
* Fix a NPE when closing the application
* Ensure Thread safety on the IndexWriter of the AbstractIndex
* Implement autocomplete. The values suggested are given by the previous search values
indexed with Lucene, and by a Wikipedia search (which is the most pertinent autocomplete
terms provider that I have thought so far). The autocomplete values given by Wikipedia depends
on the language defined by the user for the search engine
* Create an abstract Index Layer implemented by the local search engine and by the autocomplete
* Use Liquid Look And Feel instead of Nimbus (which has a bug on JMenuItem)
* Performance enhancement : On SearchResult, replace the dispose mechanism of old search results
by the use of SoftReference.
* The show hidden nodes action is moved from the North panel to each node of the Tree
* Correct a bug on the clear of the Search Index which crashed the indexer.
* Correct a bug : the tooltip which were light weight were not visible over the GLCanvas
* Refactor/Remove useless code
* Reorder search engine in the Tree
* Add Wordpress search feature. The Wordpress API is not very stable, so the results are not always available.
* Improve local search engine powered by the Lucene indexer
* Fix a bug in iTunes search results, when thumbnail is not available
* Does not allow multiple instances to run (if not raise some trouble with Lucene index)
* Dialog displayed when the application is closing (which now take some time due to Lucene index purge/optimization)
* Code refactoring and simplification
* Add Wiktionary search feature
* Add the auto restart of the application when changing user interface language
* Add iTunes search feature
* Allow hiding nodes in the tree, this param is save in the conf file so that it is reloaded when relaunching the application.
* Allow to restore all node visibility
* Add a random image and a message when the search return no results
* Fix various bug on pagination and navigation. Delete, factorize and simplify code
* Add Myspace search feature for images, videos and people
* Fix bug : when changing search engine quickly before search is completed, the old search results interfered with the new one.
* Add flickr search feature
* Fix a bug when loading jogl (regression).
* Fix a bug that when canceling the search, the descriptor panel remains disabled
* Add Bing news search feature
* Fix a bug on the cancel of the search
* Fix a bug on browsing the last page
* Sturdiness with void result
* Don't use debug in the OGLPanel and reduce fps to decrease CPU usage.
* Add wikipedia search feature managed with Gson
* Add French and Japanese interface language
* Add result language parameter used during search (choice between English, French and Japanese)
* Add full support of UTF-8 contents (URL, text displayed, and URL open into the browser)
* Fix a bug : when change search engine, busy mode not activated
* Preload n-1 image when browsing in previous, to minimize loading and displaying time
* Add the license dialog
* Add tooltips on tree and buttons
* Redesign the ergonomy of selection of search engine and search type. Replace the archaic 2 JComboBox by a friendly JTree
* Add Google books feature.
* API keys used are these of the users and no longer mine. The ConfigDialog allow the configuration of these keys.
* Busy events are managed by the SearchListener mechanism.
* Performance enhancement. In the SearchResult, replace the default ThreadPoolExecutor by a parameterized one,
with 10 threads and a keep-alive of 1 second. This allow a dramatic improve of performances when scrolling results.
* Doesn't copy dll in the local folder if already there (which reduce the starting time of the application).
* Fix a bug of display with Twitter user's thumbnail that sometimes was bigger than 48x48. In this case, resize the image.
* Synchronization blocks more precise in the SearchEngine to avoid long blocking time.
* Add Twitter feature
* Adjust the camera in function of the index of the search result rendered, to have a better render (especially avoid to deform the image due to perspective)
* Add support for Linux and Windows x64 arch
* Enhancement of performances
* Create ByteBuffer from BufferedImage take quite some time, so cache of the pending file to improve performances
* Bug when browsing the last page of the search
* Bug in the conversion of image to bytebuffer, the transparent color of png or gif resource file was render black
* Improve the FileSearchResult, when a picture is found, draw a thumbnail of the picture instead of the icon
* Busy component that is activated when searching (replace the GlassPane that cause some trouble with the OGL component)
* Implementation of SystemFileSearchEngine
* Simplify draw image process in the abstract SearchResult class
* Add a CancelMonitor system in the search algo, to be able to stop the search
* Synchronize the SearchProvider
* Synchronize the OGLPanel
* Delete useless code
* First build on sourceforge
* First build
* Design and implementation of the SearchEngine, the SearchResult
* Implementation of the GoogleSearchEngine integrating Google Youtube API,
* Implementation of the BingSearchEngine integrating Bind Web, Image and Video API
* Implementation of the OGLPanel to display results in an OpenGL panel
* DescriptionEditorPane displaying results in an HTML format
* Rest of the GUI