NEXT3® is a flavor of the widely used Ext3 file system with built-in support for snapshots. Developed by CTERA Networks, NEXT3 is licensed under the GPL.
- Backward and forward compatible with Ext3
- Incremental, volume level, read-only snapshots
- Snapshots use available file system disk space
- Snapshots deletion automatically frees up disk space
- Retains ext3 stability including journaling and fsck
- Minimal performance overhead (in average use cases)
- No limit on number and size of snapshots
Be the first to post a review of NEXT3!