Provides an easier way to support multiple user-interface languages in VB.NET. Developer creates user-interface text ad-hoc and in-place, in his or her native language.
NetText is a partial work-alike of GNU gettext (http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/). It is simplified to an extreme (eg, not tested with non-European languages), but still very useful - certainly more useful than having no multilingual support at all because it's too much trouble!
See the screenshots for a quick workflow overview, and click "Browse All Files" to view the Readme, which describes the process in more detail.
- Uses the GNU gettext paradigm - no resource ID codes to maintain
- Developer creates UI text ad-hoc and in-place: sT_("this is an example")
- Includes source scanner, translation editor and redistributable DLL (with source code)
- Scanner utility reads VB.NET projects, extracts marked UI text and creates translation template
- Optional editor utility for convenient translation
- (Editor utility pre-alpha feature; interfaces w/ Google Translate)
- For more info, click "Browse All Files" above to see the ReadMe.
Nettext works perfectly.