My NES is a portable, open source, low level NES/Famicom emulator written in C#. The compatibility of My NES is very high, running most games without any bugs. The aim of the project is to reproduce any hardware quirks that games may rely on as elegantly as possible. My NES doesn't employ any game specific hacks or hash checks (Aside from filling in pot holes left behind by the iNES file format).
Video and audio outputs are configured carefully to produce images and sound as accurate as possible, also allows user to configure some of these settings to suit their needs.
If you are looking for a simple Nes emulator provides accuracy that very close to the real hardware, My Nes is a one worth a try !
- My Nes is a multi-cross platform application, thanks to SDL2 and #SDL-CS for making this happen !
- My Nes Uses NesCart DB to show and use accurate game information.
- My Nes has an engine called "My Engine", which is a simple GUI engine that allows user to configure everything in the same window. Also, a rom browser is included and built using that engine.
- Run game in windowed or fullscreen mode with useful video options like keep aspect ratio.
- Ability to save snapshots of current game.
- Save and load state ability.
- Very fast, My Nes is tested in old machines, both in Windows and Linux and runs perfectly 60 fps
- Accuracy, My Nes pass almost all known nes tests by emulating the real hardware behaviors without any kind of emulation hack.
- Multithreaded Emulator, the emulation process run in thread separated from renderer threads. This may improve performance especially with multi core cpus.
- CPU 6502: All CPU 6502 instructions implemented including the so called illegal opcodes.
- Interrupts: Implement exact interrupt timings like interrupt check before the last instruction behavior
- PPU: Implement the Picture Processor Unit as described in the wiki docs http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/PPU_rendering with exact timing
- Palettes: Implement the palette generator of NTSC video as described at http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/NTSC_video
- TV Formats: NTSC, PALB and DENDY.
- Sound: Implement all Nes 5 sound channels, MMC5 external sound channels and VRC6 external sound channels.
- Sound Playback: Frequency can be 22050 Hz, 44100 Hz or 48000 HZ. Bit rate fixed to 16 bit, channels fixed to Mono. Along with sound downsampling using the Band-Limited Sound Buffer "Blip_Buffer" <http://www.slack.net/~ant/ >.
- Mappers And Boards: Implement about 97% of known and documented mappers
- Controllers: 2 players joypads, each joypad is playable through Keyboard, Joystick or XBox360 Game Controller (XInput).
Thanks for Mynes, it's good!
very good project, thanks!
great old-school game) mynes))
another excellent NES emulator! All games that I have tested, worked quickly and without errors.
Ohh. You did recover the memories from my childhood. These funny games, this fun time. Where we are going at the moment... We are adult. Thanks!