mp3guessenc is based upon the original project from Naoki Shibata. This command line utility is able to detect the encoder used for a mpeg layer III file but now it can do more and scan any mpeg audio file (any layer) and print a LOT of useful information. Latest modifications include fixes, new features and code optimizations.
- scan mpeg 1/2/2.5 streams, layer I/II/III
- guess encoder used (lame/gogo/xing/helix/fhg(new, old and ancient)/blade)
- detect also mp3pro and mp3surround streams (even with OFL)
- support for large files (up to 2^60 bytes!)
- free format streams supported
- full statistics for the stream (audio mode, frame histogram, block usage, ancillary data)
- crc16 verification
- vbr tags by xing/lame + VBRI tag by fhg
- detection of ID3 v1/v2 + APE tags + Lyrics3 tags + MusicMatch tag
Want to get in-depth information regarding your MP3's? This is the library for you.