Monopoly clone written in Java for 2-8 players (including computer players) that was designed to make quite a lot of things customisable from the user's point of view. Four board files are included. Two are based on regional variations of Monopoly but with places named after colours instead, the other two are there more to demonstrate what can be done.
Hopefully there are no major bugs in the game - I cannot guarantee that there are none, but I've done some testing on Linux and Windows systems and with some luck have more or less ironed out the worst bugs that would affect the game on either system. I have no idea how well this game runs on other operating systems, but then again I can't see much in theory to stop it working on any operating system capable of running java..
- Boards are stored in .conf files (text files) in a directory called "boardfiles" and so new boards can be added or existing ones modified etc..
- There is plenty of flexibility as to what constitues a valid board, though the number of spaces has to be a (non-zero) multiple of four. Images for the board/buildings/property cards (as well as folders containing player icons) etc can be specified in the text files, though without them generic images are created that are used.
- Quite a few options regarding the game rules to choose from. Pre-set options are stored in .conf files in "houseconf" directory, though these are just for convenience.
- 2-8 players, including computer players with varying strengths.
- If you click on the board image that appears in the rule selection screen, you'll find a mechanism for calculating probability of landing on a given space on the currently selected board with the options currently selected (the calculation is purely empirical).
- Save/Load game feature (saving only works at the moment at the end of someone's go or at the beginning of someone's go. This is a design decision, though the possibility of saving it when, for example, someone faces the choice of whether to buy a property, is being considered).
Love that its free