Design optical systems comprised of light sources, lenses, apertures, prisms, imagers, photometers, etc.
Simulate light through the system and compute images and intensities at various locations in the design.
- So far: spherical lenses, triangular prisms, point light source, RBG imager, image sources, spectrophotometers, revolved splines, extruded splines, plano-aspheric lenses, lens assemblies
- Simple optical media: Borosilicate, Calcite, F2, L-BAL35, Magnesium Fluoride, N-BK7, N-SF2, N-SF5, N-SF57, N-SK14, N-SK2, Polycarbonate, SF10, SF18, Shiny Metal, Topas 5013LS-10, Vacuum
- Optical computation of reflection, refraction and transmission in birefringent materials with photons of arbitrary polarization (linear, circular, elliptical)
- Computation of light propagation through the system to generate simulated images
- Automatic solving for optimum focus of arbitrary parameters.
Good optical design system for quickly validating models that require point source or multi source light, optical lenses, and/or prisms!