JForum is a powerful and robust discussion board system implemented in Java. It provides an attractive interface, an efficient forum engine, an easy to use administrative panel, an advanced permission control system and much more.
Built from the ground up around an MVC framework, it can be deployed on any servlet container or application server, such as Tomcat, Resin and JBoss. Its clean design and implementation make JForum easy to customize and extend.
Best of all, JForum is freely available under the BSD Open Source license.
If you or your company are searching for a serious and robust forum software, JForum is the right choice.
About JForum2 Project
This project is branched from the JForum 2.1.8 code base and mainly focus on bug fixing and security patches. Also, the third party Java libraries(jar) are updated to the latest stable version with some code modification as needed. Since JForum 2.3.0, Apache Maven 3 was introduced as the build tool.
- Unlimited forums, categories, and topics
- Support for popular databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLServer and HSQLDB
- Karma - Rate messages and users
- Bookmarks - save your favourite threads and share with other users
- Easy migration from phpBB
- Friendly URLs (no more long and hard-to-remember links!)
- Listing of currently online users
- Listing of the Most Recent topics from the whole forum
- Fast and scalable, perfect for busy sites - unlike most message board systems, JForum caches frequently accessed data to avoid excessive querying of the database
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of JForum2!