Arduino firmware and Java GUI for the Hydra Multi-headed Manufacturing Machine (Hydra-MMM). The Hydra is a cartesian positioning system that has multiple, independent toolhead mounts for a wide variety of attachments. See: cpwebste.blogspot.com
- Upload Gcode Files to Cartesian Robots (Reprap, Makerbot, diy CNC, etc)
- Firmware support for up to 4 toolheads (extruders, spindle, pick-n-place, etc)
- Gcode File Previews for simple viewing of what a program will do
- Acceleration kinematics computed and used for linear movements to allow for smooth and fast translation
- Option to use external stepper motor drivers or use the built-in stepper library functions with external FETs for a very cheap motor driver with microstepping
- Firmware support for large number of standard Gcodes and simple addition of custom codes to that library
- Slave PID temperature control using a second Arduino
Hydra-mmm is great! Thanks.
Very promising multi head cnc RepRap Based!