Sudoku generator/solver/analyzer written in Java (English and German). Lots of human style techniques (singles, subsets, LCs, fish, wings, uniqueness, coloring, chains, ALS), powerful analyzer (manage multiple solutions for one sudoku). Includes Learning and training modes and a booklet printer.
- Completely scalable, self explanatory user interface
- Create random puzzles in five configurable difficulty levels
- Supports over 70 human style solving techniques
- Fully configurable using dozens of options
- Powerful booklet printer / extended print options
- User manual and solving techniques guide available on the home page
There is room for improvement. One fundamental rule is to verify if the puzzle has multiple solution, It is not a Sudoku is it has multiple solution.
Great program with levels from very easy to insanely difficult. Unique feature is the 'Extended Print' I use this to print 2 puzzles per page. 5 pages at a time, then turn over the stack and print 2 per page on the other side. Select 'Extended Print' from file menu. select 2 per page in layout, then fill in each section eg number puzzles '2'; Difficulty 'Hard' then use slider on right to go to next section (5 sections in all) In 2 or 3 minutes with laser printer and I have 20 puzzles to take with me.
very good documentation, functional GUI
Nice one and very easy to use :) Thanks Michael
Previously played in the newspapers