*** New - Grub 2.02 release & Themes ***
Grub2Win supports 64 and 32 bit EFI and BIOS on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP.
Safely dual boot Windows and Linux.
Grub2Win boots native, open source GNU grub version 2.02 code. Everything is contained in a single 15 MB directory on your Windows C: drive. On EFI systems a few small modules are installed to your EFI partition.
Using the simple Windows GUI and instructions you can install Grub2Win quickly and safely. Boot time messages and help can be displayed in your native language.
Select from a number of OS choices. Samples for Remix, Android, Ubuntu, Debian, Suse, Fedora, Mint, BSD and Windows are included. ISO files can also be booted.
You can enter your own custom commands for each menu entry.
Grub2Win started in 2010. It is now used in 180 countries worldwide and has been downloaded more than 250,000 times.
If you find Grub2Win useful, please consider making a small donation to be used for hardware and testing
- Supports 64 and 32 bit EFI as well as BIOS firmware
- Installs to Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP
- Requires just one directory on the Windows C: drive, about 15 MB disk space
- Simple Windows GUI easily sets up Grub2Win in seconds
- Lets you set your EFI firmware boot order from within Windows
- Preview and customize your Grub boot theme
- Grub boot messages and help can be displayed in 27 major languages worldwide
- Works with all filesystems including Mac hfs and Btrfs
- Can search for and boot a partition by it's label. Supports advanced scripting
- Works with both MBR and GPT disks - up to 128 primary partitions per drive
- Supports extremely large (over 4 TB) disks and partitions
- No registry changes
- Safely multiboot Windows, Remix, Android, Ubuntu, Debian, Suse, Fedora, Mint and more
- Grub customization is done from Windows - Configuration in Linux is not required
- Runs open source GNU Grub 2.02 code. Frequent releases and enhancements
- No adware or spyware - No hassles... It just works
The developer's support is just simply amazing.
This is to address the false positive virus reports on Grub2Win. There is no virus. The source code is included in the download and can be examined and compiled with the freely available AutoIt compiler. I submitted a false positive report to Symantec, and they have fixed their Norton products so there is no longer a false positive. I don't know about the other virus scan vendors. Software packages like Grub2Win that modify low level system code are often falsely identified as malware.
Flagged as a trojan.
I just installed grub2win with the single click and it works! My motherboard is Z97MPLUS with bios Version 2903 and my OS is Windows 10 Pro. The bios has these settings (they were set long time ago): Secure Boot > Compatibility Support Module > Enabled (this is the default), ... and all the other Secure Boot options are at default values, except for the Secure Boot > Operating system > Other (instead of Windows UEFI). The system is mostly prepared for the Linux installation, as many other tutorials for Ubuntu linux specify. Other installation programs had previously failed: OpenSUSE and EasyBCD - they had no access to EFI hardware. The help in grub2win does not display any contents, just the tree on the left side that contains the titles. The process of usage: install, run, Manage EFI Partition Modules, Reboot to run a test, run again in Windows to Manage EFI Partition Modules and set as the default boot loader. Using AUTO screen resolution setting.
Grub2Win is a phenomenal app for those of us that multi-boot our Windows systems. I have been doing that for a very long time using Grub4DOS. But Grub4DOS doesn't support the new EFI system configs without switching the BIOS to Legacy mode. Grub2Win doesn't require that, and supports multi-booting on both BIOS and EFI systems without impacting the ability to boot the native Windows systems. It is easy to implement and easy to remove. It allows me to boot the various ISO downloads that I normally boot from Linux systems to Windows recovery systems. The ISO boots I normally configure manually so there is no limitations on what I can do. And the author is very supportive of requests for help and changes. I don't remember how I happened to find this app but I am very happy that I did.