This software is designed to facilitate the hobby of launching and tracking down weather balloons by the plotting of a GPS's location on Google Earth, via the NMEA format. As a bonus this software will predict an airborne balloon payload using U.S. weather sounding data and take many variables into account.
GPSPS also allows multiple plots to be active at once. Input should follow the NMEA format, currently only GPRMC or GPGGA NMEA messages are supported.
- Plot live GPS locations on Google Earth
- Plot GPGGA or GPRMC NMEA types
- Plot locations in 3D (flying) or 2D (on ground) modes.
- Input NMEA data via Serial or UDP ports.
- Output NMEA to Google Earth and/or another UDP port.
- Track locations for different GPS units simultaneously.
- Roughly predict a weather balloon's trajectory for times past and present.
- North American Radiosonde sites supported for predictions, or manual add by site number.