does what it says!
if you have old configs it can bring them forward or help do that. it can build a set of kernels (ie, if you have more than one arch). it packages them. and has some good options.
end of story it's possible with one commandline to do the round trip , copy to another host , have that host install package, and have the host reboot (maybe not on first try ok ? :)
The comparison to script shipped with kernel (circa 2012):
1) gmil works or attempts to work across many releases
2) gmil works harder to make packaged installable result(s)
3) gmil has a smart way to build many kernels at once / at a keypress
4) the scripts/ _can do most of those steps but _don't combine them, leaving maybe allot to read and type. Details come undone can cause confusion, rebuilds, and missing kernel files.
License: public domain. thanks kernels linux team!
- README is visible on download page
- just untar it in /usr/local/bin or kernel dir and read directions / README
Be the first to post a review of get-make-install-linux!