Git is a popular source revision control system. GitForce is a GUI front-end for the git command line tool and runs on both Windows and Linux. It is designed to be easy and intuitive to use and yet powerful enough so you don't need to use a command line git.
- Intuitive GUI with drag and drop
- Multiple sets of changes independent of a single "index" mandated by the git design
- Single executable file and no need for installation
- Runs on Windows and Linux (using Mono) and perhaps on other OS-es with Mono support
- Create and manage multiple git repos
- Easy scan for local repos
- Supports multiple remote repos
- Multiple workspaces which are sets of repos
- Add custom tools to context menus to customize it to your specific needs
- Easy manage SSH keys and remotes
- See files' revision history, stash, unstash etc.
- Manage local and remote branches
- Integrated git command line interface if you still want to use it
- Users familiar with Perforce will find this UI very familiar
Very easy to use! I hate git command line, accidentally found this, and it's a life-saver. You need to advertise it more!
Really nice tool! I've been using it for a year. Good to see an update since I thought it was dead...