Gekko Timeseries Software is a free time-series oriented software package for timeseries handling, and solving and analyzing large-scale economic models. Since 2009, Gekko is being used by Danish ministeries, banks, interest groups and universities, for the simulation of economic and energy-related models. The software runs under Windows (.NET), and is open source (GNU GPL)
- Timeseries-oriented software.
- Flexible data banks: annual, quarters and months
- Dynamically loaded and compiled models
- Gauss and Newton solvers, with ordering and feedback logic. Fair-Taylor solver for forward-looking models.
- Any number of simultaneous goals/means possible
- Solving forward-looking models (leaded vars)
- In-built equation browser, with variable list
- Decomposition of changes in equations.
- Double precision, and missing values handled consistently
- User-defined functions
- Matrix calculations, linear algebra
- Seasaonal correction (X12A)
- Interface to R
- Strict language syntax (via in-built ANTLR parser), with loops, conditionals etc. (more of this to come).
- Graphics by means of embedded gnuplot
- Tabelling and menu system, outputting in text, html or Excel
- Read/write from Excel or other spreadsheets.
- Used by the following Danish organizations: Statistics Denmark, Ministry of Finance, Danish Energy Agency, Risoe DTU. Models: ADAM, EMMA.
- Easy installation by means of Windows installer
- Open source. No licenses to compilers etc. -- everything used is C#/.NET (+ gnuplot and 7zip), so everything is open-source, and therefore free of charge.
Follow Gekko Timeseries Software
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of Gekko Timeseries Software!